Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What are our Loyal Contributors Saying?

By Eloisa Herrero

Through the years Greater Longview United Way has raised millions of dollars to change lives in our community. This could not have been possible without the help of our Loyal Contributors. Our Loyal Contributors are a very special group of people who have supported United Way for 10 years or more. Some of them have supported us for more than 25 years!

I would like to share the thoughts of our Loyal Contributors about their supporting United Way through all these years:

We believe in supporting & giving back to Longview. Through giving we receive many blessings. We appreciate the hard work and dedication of our city`s non profits. They address so many needs in our community!

United Way is the best way to share locally with several groups at the same time.

I continue giving each year because I believe in the services it`s agencies provide. I am proud to be a part of that team.

We support United Way because lives are changed when hands and hearts are extended into our community.

We give each year to the United Way because it helps us give back to the community that has given so much to us. It`s a very convenient way to support our community and to help very worthwhile community projects.

I became a UW donor when volunteering for organizations that benefited from UW and saw the need for such help.

My husband and I gave through our employer for years. Continued giving even after retirement and his death 10 years ago. I still continue to give. It is a wonderful means of helping so many people.

Supporting community services is how a community grows stronger. As we provide services, individuals become self-sufficient and then can give back themselves to help another group of people. I love how efficiently United Way is run.

I have always contributed each payroll check because I truly believe in helping others in our community thru the many organizations that United Way supports.

No comments:

Post a Comment